SUPPORT OFFICER - TEMPORARY POST - FULL TIME - FIXED TERM CONTRACT UNTIL MAY 2016
Daniel Zeichner MP is looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working person to join his very busy constituency office in Cambridge on a fixed term contract until May 2016.
Applicants should have:
• Excellent written communication skills
• Ability to work quickly and accurately
• Good organisational skills
• An ability to work independently
• Knowledge of Labour Party policies
• A good grasp of the issues that affect Cambridge’s residents
The role will involve:
• Drafting policy responses to constituents on behalf of Daniel, sometimes on extremely complex issues
• Carrying out research into a wide range of policy issues
• Drafting correspondence to government departments/other agencies
• Keeping Daniel up to date on key developments
• Keeping accurate records of correspondence received
• Managing your own workload
• Ensuring that all correspondence is responded to within reasonable timescales
• Other office based tasks, as necessary
The post may require occasional evening/weekend work.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 5pm, 28 November 2015
Interviews: Thursday 3 December Cambridge.
Start date: December 2015
Apply with this application form to email@example.com
INTERNSHIP 2015 (Living Wage paid)
Daniel Zeichner MP is looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to work in his busy Cambridge office. This position is one day a week, paid and term time only running Tues 12 Jan - Fri 11 March and then Tues 19 April – Fri 10 June.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience working for a Labour MP and to develop skills across a range of responsibilities within an MP's office.
A knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting students in Cambridge would be an advantage, as would a keen grasp of current political issues. You should have excellent communication skills and a commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
· Respond to students’ letters/emails on policy issues
· Monitoring media and writing press releases
· Arranging student surgeries and other meetings
· Research local issues to support the Member's work
· Follow up on social media queries and comments
· Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties
· Preparing briefings on a range of policy areas
· General office tasks
· Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
Applicants should have:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organisation skills
· The ability to work accurately to tight deadlines, manage competing priorities, and an eye for detail
· Sound political judgement
· A commitment to the aims and values of the Labour party
Closing date 5pm Friday 27 November
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND THIS APPLICATION FORM TO firstname.lastname@example.org