My position and policies
Daniel Zeichner is standing for re-election as your MP on 12 December.
He is standing on a manifesto to bring real change:
- Tackle the climate emergency with the most ambitious plans in Europe for net-zero by 2030, start a new industrial revolution and create high skilled, high wage jobs.
- Invest in our NHS, including in stretched mental health services, to give doctors and nurses the time they need to care.
- Increase funding for schools, provide free school meals for all primary school children and reduce class sizes to under 30 for all five, six and seven year olds
- Give police the resources they need to keep communities safe.
- Legislate for a People’s Vote.
On the question of Europe, Daniel is a passionate Remainer. He always has and always will vote to keep the UK in the EU. Now we have a clear road to Remain. In this general election Labour has a manifesto pledge to legislate for the People’s Vote that so many of us marched for.
The choice is clear: we will either have a Labour Prime Minister who will tackle climate change, invest in our public services and implement a People’s Vote or a right-wing Tory Government led by an out of control Prime Minister, in league with Nigel Farage and Donald Trump, who will take us out of the EU with a hard Brexit.