Cambridge is a great city.
Local residents are proud to live, study and work here.
Over the last decade, Daniel Zeichner has built a reputation for being a trusted Member of Parliament.
He is a committed environmentalist, he stands up for our public services and he always supports Cambridge United.
But Cambridge residents also know that too many families, workers and pensioners are worse off after 13 years of Tory government. The cost of living crisis is spiralling out of control and people are worried about how they will pay their bills. It doesn’t need to be this way.
That’s why Labour has a plan to reboot our economy, revitalise our public services and green our country. It won’t be easy, in fact it will be hard, and there will be tough choices and trade offs to be made.
But we believe it is time for a Labour MP working with a Labour Government to bring about radical change.
Daniel’s values have been consistent since he first moved to Cambridge to study at King’s College. As our MP, Daniel has always been a champion for Cambridge:
- Committed environmentalist: As a Shadow Environment Minister – a leading voice on divestment and a champion for the ruderal bumble bee – Daniel’s politics are red and green.
- Public services matter: Daniel has fought privatisation of our health services, and campaigned for fairer funding for local schools.
- Living wage champion: Daniel believes in social justice and is a recognised Parliamentary Living Wage Champion.
- Students: Daniel works to make studying in Cambridge an amazing experience with access to support, including better mental health provision. He is Chair of the All-Party Group on Universities.
- Constitutional reformer: Decades ago with the late Robin Cook, Daniel began campaigning for a democratically elected House of Lords. Now it is in Labour’s manifesto.
- Making Cambridge the best small city in the world: Everyone has heard about Cambridge but past success is no guarantee for the future. Daniel works tirelessly to make sure our city is a great place to live, study, work and do business.